JOIN 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
play.skyvele.com

TentorIV

Skyvele Manager
Manager
-- Potential S2 Suggestion --

Hello,

I recently proposed the idea of island allegiances and relationships to some members in-game and we held a short discussion about how this could pan out. Firstly, let me explain the 4 different conditions you can have with other islanders. There will be 4 different relationships you can have with islands: Ally, Truce, Neutral and Enemy. To determine who is of each condition, the island levels could be colour coded:

• Ally = LVL 1 I Champion TentorIV:
  • Truce = LVL 1 I Champion TentorIV:
  • Neutral = LVL 1 I Champion TentorIV:
  • Enemy = LVL 1 I Champion TentorIV:
The determination of relationships can be based from the following factors. For enemies it can be due to a certain amount of kills of a certain user on another island, or users on a shared island collectively, neutral would be the default relationship and have no further effect, truce could be based from both a command or certain smaller amounts of money transfered between islands, and an ally would be from a large sum of money, a command or the exchange of valuable items. Each condition (excluding neutral) results differently for the player island. Can potentially change these ideas.

• Ally = 10% money and xp boost across involved islands.
  • Truce = 2% money boost.
  • Neutral = No change.
  • Enemy = Upgradable multipliers for selling enemy loot.
Due to the rules disallowing the use of alt islands and the staff ability to view who owns what, people using alts to boost their xp would not be possible, and if it did happen then I presume the staff team would see to this. Mentioned on the top line of this post, I'd be more suggesting this for Season 2, but I thought I would share the current development of the idea before I forgot anything.

Thank you for your time!
Tentor

Last edited:

JustADev

Staff
I like your suggestion but I have some concerns with it as well
  1. Would the ally money and xp boost stack with other islands?
  2. What would be considered "Enemy Loot" and how would the server know what is and isn't enemy loot?
  3. Would all enemy loot be sellable?
  4. Would the sellable loot that are items (like blocks) be worth more than the normal sell price?
  5. How would you remove an enemy island from your enemies list?
  6. How many kills would it be to become enemies with another island (Nobody uses the war zone except for envoys and the occasional outpost)
  7. What do you mean "money transferred between islands"? Like transferring between players or between banks?
  8. Wouldn't this turn into Factions, but skyblock? hmm
  9. There would literally be no point in making a truce with an island, as being allies is always better
  10. I think there would have to be some high regulations if this were to ever be considered for next season
Your thoughts,
JustADev

TentorIV

Skyvele Manager
Manager
Wouldn’t this just make islands want to ally as much as possible, to maximise boost?
Not necessarily. Not many people would invest large sums of money towards other islands just to gain a boost, and those with the correct funding need to be sure they are exchanging with the right islanders, because for all they know allies could become enemies, keeping their money.

I like your suggestion but I have some concerns with it as well
  1. Would the ally money and xp boost stack with other islands?
  2. What would be considered "Enemy Loot" and how would the server know what is and isn't enemy loot?
  3. Would all enemy loot be sellable?
  4. Would the sellable loot that are items (like blocks) be worth more than the normal sell price?
  5. How would you remove an enemy island from your enemies list?
  6. How many kills would it be to become enemies with another island (Nobody uses the war zone except for envoys and the occasional outpost)
  7. What do you mean "money transferred between islands"? Like transferring between players or between banks?
  8. Wouldn't this turn into Factions, but skyblock? hmm
  9. There would literally be no point in making a truce with an island, as being allies is always better
  10. I think there would have to be some high regulations if this were to ever be considered for next season
Your thoughts,
JustADev
1. Possibly. The more allies you get, the bigger your boost. Take into account my reply to Bumblewasp, first.
2. Enemy loot. Valuable items from armour and tools to blocks and tokens. I'm not a developer so I couldn't answer your second question.
3. See above.
4. That depends on the upgradable multiplier.
5. The command. Possibly add a substantial compensation agreement between the two enemies.
6. Prior to advertments being posted, I see what you mean, but I believe after the network is properly advertised we will see a lot more people in the Warzone. There would have to be some regulation in the killing.
7. Yes, island bank transactions. Makes more use for /bank, too because right now it is quite idle.
8. Not necessarily. Even so, this server has it's ingenuity, so not too much.
9. Depends on your current funding. Forming a Truce allows the 2% boost, which could support your way to an allegiance.
10. I agree, I'm still developing this idea as we speak. For now I have posted the foundations.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Ewan

Sounds like a very interesting proposal, however, does this start to make things upon the server seem more factions base? What do you think?

TentorIV

Skyvele Manager
Manager
Sounds like a very interesting proposal, however, does this start to make things upon the server seem more factions base? What do you think?
I do understand why people believe it would be more like factions, but considering all the other features factions contains, having one system of such isn't massively impacting. If more factions-like systems were implemented, I would see why you would say this. But, just because one popular gamemode uses this, doesn't mean a standalone plugin/update (however Skyvele plugins and updates are managed) makes something unrelated, into factions. Hope this helps :)

Last edited: